Attorney at Law – Italian BAR admission, 2001
Since 2019 Contract as Professor at Sapienza University – European Tax Law, Law Faculty.
2011 and 2010 Contract as Professor at Rome 3 University, Tax Law.
Lecturer at Master in Taxation at LUISS University Rome from 2002 to 2015. Lecturer in several Tax Courses at other Italian Universities.
2007 – 2010 Ph. D in International and European Tax Law – Bergamo University, Italy (visiting researcher at New York University last semester)
2003 – 2004 LL.M. International Taxation – International Tax Center – Leiden University, The Netherlands.
1999 – 2000 Master Course in Italian Domestic Tax Law, Palermo
1998 Law Degree, Law School, University of Palermo
Over 20 years experience as Lawyer in Italy, UK, the Netherlands in different law firms, (i.e. Hornby Ackroyd & Levy, Ernst & Young Bonelli Erede Pappalardo, Studio Signori and now founder and Managing Partner at R&R Studio Legale e Tributario) specializing in International and domestic Corporate law as well as International and domestic Tax law.
Corporate, Financial and Tax Advisor for US MNE, UK Funds, Italian Blue Chips as well as HNWI and Strategic Advisor for Tax Residency plannings.
Debt Restructuring Advisor and Legal Counsel for Italian Groups operating in foreign countries (outbound) and US MNE and UK Funds operating in Italy (inbound). Deep knowledge and skills earned on the fields of NPL and UTP Transactions thorough Securitization Vehicles, all Tax matters related to litigation, settlements with tax authorities, Opinions on Tax law for Banking transactions from Securitisations to direct and indirect tax issues related to funding and debt restructuring, Real Estate transactions and Funds ‘investments. In dept knowledge of legal matters related to Renewable energy businesses (Solar, Wind and biomasses). Legal assistance for Corporate and M&A transactions, negotiation and drafting of Licensing, Franchising, JV agreements.
Since April 2016 Founder and Managing Partner of
R&R Studio Legale e Tributario a small law firm Based in Rome, Milan, Palermo and Miami with around 20 professionals
And Of Counsel of Studio Legale Paglietti e Associati
PREVIOUS FIRMS POSITION
May 2007 – to March 2016
Medium Sized Italian Lawyers and accounting firm
Partner – Head of International Business and Tax Department
Since 2012 Of Counsel at Studio Mannocchi Fioretti – Roma, Milano
September 2003 – to April 2006
Erede Bonelli Pappalardo – 1st Law Firm for Turnover in Italy
Senior Associate – Tax Department
January 2001 – July 2003
Ernst & Young (Amsterdam and Rome)
Associate at the Tax Department
` Studio Trivoli Rome
Trainee and Junior Associate
January 2007 – January 2012
Liquidator at JV Aster & Grossi Speier Branches in Malta
January 2007 – September 2016
Legal and Tax Counsel for AES Corporation and Silver Ridge Power, a US Multinational operating 130 MW of Solar Plants in Italy, advising on all tax matters during their operations from the set up to the ongoing activity.
Legal and Tax Counsel for Franklin Hotel Ltd, a London based company that went through the CVA procedure in the UK for the restructuring of the business and sale of the assets: Hotel and going concern. This was a managerial role that went beyond the advisory as a Lawyer and consisted in dealing with all parties related to the procedure: creditors, lawyers, accountants reporting to the Ownership and negotiating the terms of all the procedure until way out including the sale.
Partner and Co-Funder of 3 Italian Newcos developing and operating over 45MW Solar Plants in Italy.
Partner of 2 SPV in Italy operating solar plants in Tuscany.
March 2012 – Sep 2015
Co – Founder and Head of Legal at Panama Solar Energy Provider Inc a Company that has developed over 150 MW Solar Plants in Central America
2015-2016 Head of Legal and Financial Advisor at Greenrail Srl, an Italian based company with a registered patent in 122 countries in the world for a revolutionary Railroad Sleeper (www.greenrail.it).
2016-2019 Partner and Legal Advisor for Matelda Finance Srl, a company operating in the Non Performing Loan field of business, taking care of the overall Securitization Procedure and structuring of the deals. License Holder for an art. 115 TULPS SPV specialized in NPL transactions.
2016 – 2017 Tax Advisor for Octopus Investment – Pioneer Solar republic, two Private Equity Funds operating acquisitions of PV Plants in Italy.
2016-2017 Tax Advisor for Doric Developments Europe LLP, operating acquisitions of Malls in Italy.
2017 to Date Legal and Tax Advisor for SR Investment a Pioneer Point Partners and Black Rock investment in Italy for Solar Plants Developments.
2019-2020 Legal Advisor for Fincantieri Spa, a blue chip Italian company listed in the Stock Exchange, legal assistance for the Acquisition of the Maritime Going Concern from Condotte Italiane per l’acqua in A.S. Coordination of the overall M&A transaction from DD to completion.
PUBLICATIONS in Books, National and International Tax Reviews:
• Solidarietà in tema di sanzioni per omessa ritenuta su utili da associazione in partecipazione. Guida Normativa,7 Luglio 2002;
• Italian Thin Capitalization Rules, Tax Treaties and EC Law: Much Ado about Something, Intertax, Kluwer International, Vol 32, October 2004;
• Tassazione dei capital gains: un’ordinanza lascia irrisolto il rapporto tra la libertà di stabilimento e la libera circolazione dei capitali, Rivista di diritto tributario, 1 – 2005;
• Cross border deductions of losses in European tax law: the «economic link and territoriality principle, what future? , Diritto e pratica tributaria internazionale, CEDAM N.1 2005;
• The 2005 Leiden Forum on Recent and Pending Direct Taxation Cases before the European Court of Justice; Intertax, Kluwer International, Vol 34 March 2006;
• Tassazione di gruppo e deduzione delle perdite delle società controllate estere: un ostacolo fiscale alla libertà di stabilimento ancora in attesa di una soluzione, Rivista di diritto tributario, 1 – 2006;
• The 2006 Leiden Alumni Seminar: Case Law on Tax Treaty Interpretation, European Taxation, November 2006, IBFD Publications;
• Libera prestazione di servizi, ritenute e deducibilità dei costi nello stato della fonte, la giurisprudenza della Corte di Giustizia sul tema, Rivista di diritto tributario, No. 7/8 of 2007;
• Interest deduction: the new regime introduced with 2008 financial Law, Intertax, Kluwer International Issue No. 5 Volume 36, pag. 204, 2008;
• La compensazione delle perdite transnazionali da parte del soggetto non-residente tra principio di territorialità e tassazione in base alla capacità contributiva, Rivista di diritto tributario, 4 – 2008;
• La liquidazione, in Il Regime Fiscale delle Operazioni Straordinarie, a cura di E. Della Valle, V. Ficari, G. Marini, Torino 2009.
• “Deduciblità degli interessi passivi” in Summa Fiscale 2010, Il Sole 24 Ore.
• La territorialità, in Principi di diritto tributario europeo ed internazionale, a cura di C. Sacchetto, libro di testo presso l’università di Torino, Torino 2011.
• Deducibilita’ degli interessi passivi pagati dalla stabile organizzazione alla casa madre, Bollettino Tributario 15 Dicembre 2012, n.23.
• Spese Generali Trattamento Tributario, Bollettino Tributario 15 Giugno 2019, n. 11.